I have seen a lot of these app lists in the past but they are never complete. Since I seem to rebuild my Blackberry all the time I thought it would be nice to share a complete list of what applications I install for the BlackBerry Storm each time. They are all free unless otherwise noted. Also a lot of these applications will work on standard Blackberries as well.
Must Have Applications for the BlackBerry Storm:
- Actually made by RIM, it’s a clean, very deeply integrated client for the BlackBerry.
- With version 1.6 you can do everything you need right from your mobile device.
- http://www.blackberry.com/facebook (from your wireless device)
BlackBerry App World
- It’s BlackBerry’s version of Apple‘s App Store.
- Best way to get even more apps.
- http://www.blackberry.com/appworld (from your wireless device)
- The #1 application on the BlackBerry Storm, period.
- Allows for automatic download of Podcasts to your BB, will delete old ones automatically.
- Great to have Audio and Video on BB for those times you have nothing to do.
- Some really good Podcasts out there (will post a list of some of the good ones soon).
- Paid Software ($10 and worth every penny).
- Free 30 day trial.
- A must have.
- VV will show you all pending legislation and allow you to vote on it.
- Once you have voted it will show you your state legislators and how many voted with you or against you.
- Has some FaceBook integration too if you dare bring politics to FaceBook
- Best part, when you vote it emails your senators letting them know how you would like them to vote.
- At work I use Pandora but on the road you have to use Slacker.
- It has offline cache of up to 25 radio station for free (great for slow BB’s on t-mobile)
- Advanced UI, easy to use.
- http://www.slacker.com (from your wireless device)
- Google always knocks it out of the park.
- Best app for maps and directions.
- Also great for looking at local traffic.
- http://m.google.com/maps (from your wireless device)
- Another great app for the BlackBerry Storm from Google.
- It’s a really rich full featured application for watching YouTube videos.
- Kindle for BlackBerry.
- If you have EBooks and want to keep a spare copy on the BB just in case you find yourself in the doctor’s office with nothing to do, this app is for you.
CoinToss for BB
- Had something like this on the iPhone
- Flips a coin, great for making up your mind for you (like deciding to go to place A or B for dinner)
- Uses GPS to tell you local weather without having to type in where you are.
Get it right off the App World for Free.
Staples Easy Button
- This is just a great free app, click the staples button and it says “That was easy”.
- Little drawing tool for BB Storm
http://www.stormgrounds.com/downloads.php?file=S485mSk74ch (from the wireless device)
Honorable Mention Applications:
The Missing Sync 2.0
- Its buggy at best, but it’s the only easy way for Apple users (such as myself) to get my iPhoto and iTunes into the phone with a quick sync.
- Not Free
- If you use Windows you don’t need it.
- If you are like me and want to know just how much money you are losing in the stock market then this is the application for you.
Download it from App World.
- If you are an IT Admin then you need to have this.
- Allows you to manage all of your servers from the palm of your hand.
- Supports RADIUS authentication for added security.
- Tests network speed
- Fun to see speeds in different areas